Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Week # 3 - Monday (roller coaster)


Job searches can be the equivalent of emotional roller coasters. Some moments you're up and optimistic about your prospects and activity for the day; the next you're feeling the heavy weight of all that's at stake. It can take a lot out of you and leave you feeling uncertain and exhausted.  At that time, search for inspiration.

I found this article that I couldn't agree with more



http://www.inc.com/magazine/201303/jeff-haden/the-right-job-listing-is-like-a-love-letter.html






It reminded me that while I'm looking for a position that will leverage my skill set, I'm 1st and foremost looking for a great company culture.  That's when I rediscovered a great company that I used to work closely with in a former life.  Their company's core values read like a love letter to me...

http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

Do yourself a favor and watch the videos for each when you get the chance.  They are hilarious.  But they also carry meaning that most company's can't seem to duplicate.


No comments:

Post a Comment