Sunday, March 17, 2013

Week #1 - Friday

This post is going to be 2 things...a bulleted list of Friday's activities and since it's Friday I want to take the 2nd half to talk about what how I'm using this time to enjoy this time out of work without neglecting my job search duties of course...

  • Applied to 2 desirable positions
  • Compiled a short list of target companies from the ABC (Atlanta Business Chronicle) Book of Lists
  • Connected with Exec Coach to revisit the strategy next week
  • Reached out to some LinkedIn connections to make introductions to 2nd tier connections
  • Reached out to another for a coffee meeting to discuss opportunities at his company
  • Confirmed a happy hour for next Thursday to talk to potential hiring manager in a casual setting
  • Posted my Thursday blog
So as I mentioned earlier, it's important to remember that when you're going through the daily grind at work, there are things you wish ou could be doing or things you say "I wish I had time for that!".  Here are a few things that I have the freedom to do and I hope to have less time for in about 7 weeks but until then...

Run or workout every day
Write this blog
Have dinner ready for my wife


Okay, so it's a pretty short list but I don't want to turn into a complete man of leisure...maybe my list will get longer but for now I'm enjoying the fact that I can do these things. 

More next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment